Connect with us

Headlines

We have records of Only Two Deaths- Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN Regarding Lekki Shooting (WATCH VIDEO)

Published

on

Lekki shooting: We have records of two deaths- Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN

We have records of two deaths- Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN Regarding Lekki Shooting. Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, over the weekend, had an interview with CNN journalist, Becky Anderson where he stated that only two deaths have so far been recorded in the gunfire incident that rocked the #EndSARS protest at the Lekki tollgate on Tuesday, October 20.

He said so far no family member of deceased persons have come out to make any complaints that their loved one died in the incident. He also stated that there are no bloodstains at the scene of the incident.

Two dead bodies. That’s what we’ve seen from all the morgues, that’s what we’ve seen going to hospitals, that’s what we’ve seen as records. What has happened is that there have been so many footages that people have shown but we have not seen dead bodies, we have not seen relatives, we have not seen anybody coming up to say indeed I am a father or mother to someone and I cannot find the person. Nobody has come .

I have been round and there is no splash of blood anywhere there.

He averred that the CCTV footage shows that men in military uniforms carried out the shooting. When asked if people will be held accountable for the attack, he said

”They certainly would…we will do everything to ensure they are held accountable”

When Anderson informed him that the question she asked was simple and that it was basically to know if those behind the attack will be held accountable, Governor Sanwo-Olu said

“I am not the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces; I am Governor of a State. The report would be out and we would channel the report to all the relevant authorities in the state to ensure that every one that is found culpable is accountable for the act.” he said

Watch the video from the interview below..



 

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, over the weekend, had an interview session with a CNN journalist, Becky Anderson where he stated that only two deaths have so far been recorded in the gunfire incident that rocked the #EndSARS protest at the Lekki tollgate on Tuesday, October 20. He said so far no family member of deceased persons have come out to make any complains that their loved one died in the incident. He also stated that there are no blood stains at the scene of the incident. The governor said the CCTV footage at the Lekki Toll Gate would be available for the State Judicial Panel of Enquiry to review as part of the investigation into the Lekki Toll Gate shootings. He said: “We will be committed to a full investigation of what happened and people would be held accountable. They certainly would be held accountable. We would do everything possible to ensure that they are held accountable. “People have claimed that their friends and family members have been killed. So, this Judicial Panel of Enquiry is meant to bring all of these stories to accountability; where we can make restitutions, where families can prove and indentify officers that were responsible for this.” He averred that the CCTV footages shows that men in military uniforms fired the gunshots at the protesters. When asked if they will be made to face the law, Governor Sanwo-Olu said his government will do everything to ensure those behind the attack will be held accountable. “I am not the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces; I am Governor of a State. The report would be out and we would channel the report to all the relevant authorities in the state to ensure that every one that is found culpable is accountable for the act.”

A post shared by Lindaikejiblog (@lindaikejiblogofficial) on