Connect with us


“Music is not enough to sustain the luxury lifestyle that Nigerian musicians love” – Dbanj | PressInformant



Music government, Dbanj, has revealed that music will not be sufficient to make musicians rich or maintain their luxurious way of life.


Dbanj throughout an interview with Premium Instances, acknowledged that worldwide artistes like Jay Z and Kanye West have different companies which maintain their luxurious way of life.

Based on him, solely 10% of their wealth come from music, the remaining 90% come from different companies they’ve.

In his phrases,

“It’s my sixth 12 months in marriage, and ever since then, I’ve seemed for various platforms that may preserve my fame and household intact. So should you have been to Google Jay Z or the wealthiest musicians on this planet, you’d see that solely 10 % of their wealth might be from music.”

“No. I’m simply attempting to say that should you have a look at Kanye as a billionaire, Jay Z is a billionaire, and possibly he bought like 100 million from music. The remaining are from enterprise and that’s what Nigeria wants.

I used to be telling somebody we want such a construction and the precise merchandise. After which, in fact, you’ll be able to at all times make music. Music will endlessly be in me; I’m at all times going to launch music.

Typically my folks say you don’t launch music, however I attend reveals, and once I do, they provide me one hour to carry out. I can’t even carry out all my songs in a single hour. I can’t, even for 3 hours myself, however what are you able to do to present folks to look as much as.

We grew up not having anyone to look as much as, however now the business has us to look as much as. These younger crops of Nigerian musicians have so many position fashions. That’s why we will inform them that ‘in case you are at your prime, it’s excessive time you stopped doing stuff that you simply receives a commission peanuts for, you’ll be able to associate with a model that provides you a room the place you’ll be able to even start to sponsor the subsequent Nigeria Idol or Big Brother.”

“No, I gained’t say that music will not be as worthwhile, however music alone will not be sufficient to realize that luxurious way of life that musicians love.”