Manchester United gaffer, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has provided the latest update on striker, Edinson Cavani, ahead of the Red Devils’ away Premier League clash with Burnley at Turf Moor on Tuesday night.
Cavani has not featured for Man United since the Wolves game on 29 December, 2020.
The 33-year-old was handed suspension and a £100,000 fine after the FA adjudged that a post containing the words “Gracias negrito” brought the game into disrepute.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Monday, Solskjaer told reporters that the Uruguay international is ready for the Burnley clash.
“Edinson has trained well since he’s been banned. He has had a couple of days off as well – you can’t train too much. He’s ready to go,” Solskjaer said.
“He’s a different option. He’s a different type of striker to Mason, Anthony and Marcus. I am glad to have him back, and that’s why we brought him in.
“He’s contributed really well so far. I am sure he will be really important for us between now and the end of the season. The end of the season starts tomorrow night.”